Skip to main content

Release Agent

FAQ 03.11.2021

Do you need mold release for silicone molds?

There are different types of release agents. Those that need to be applied before each release cycle are called “single release agents”. Those who remain on the mold surface for multiple release cycles/moldings are called “semi-permanent” or “multi-release agents”. Those that form a durable film on the mold surface are called “permanent release agents” or “release coatings”.

There are also products called “internal release agents”. These are added to the formulation of the material that is to be released from the mold. Internal release agents must be incompatible with the material's matrix so that they migrate to the surface of the piece during the molding operation, thereby creating a release film at the interface.

Lyndcoat™ Tire release

A Large Existing Range & Tailor Made Solutions